Thursday, January 16, 2014

Is that a Zombie?


Hello, people! So,the last two months or so, I have been working on a new project, while continuing the Realm of Ashenclaw series, Book 5, sporadically in between.

The new one is quite different from what I have written in the past in that it is modern, urban, horror, I suppose. Feel free to correct me in this as I am new to it. It is a modern zombie-apocalyptic tale that focuses specifically on one man, telling the story and events that unfold from his eyes. That being said, I have been having fun writing this new one as it has exposed new avenues upon which I have never tread before.

Obese Zombie...don't see them too often!
Let me explain why.

First off, it is modern. I can use modern terms, anecdotes, slang, etc. I had no idea how restricting it was not to use them until I did! Secondly, this is absolutely no-holds-barred. It is adult content. It is explicit in many ways. It is as real as I could imagine it. I have written unreserved scenes that include sex, violence and language, which organically done, felt right in their expression. Nothing was forced and I felt that everything so far has advanced the story or expanded on the characters.

So, unrestrained and uninhibited, I proceed down the road of my zombie apocalyptic setting and hope you tune in for snippets in the future. I am 2/3 of the way through the first draft and am very excited to present some of it to you all in the near future.

No working title and no release date set just yet, but I wanted people to get ready for it. I also have many more ideas that I will be pursuing in the near future as well and am leaving this one open for sequels.

And that will be up to the readers to decide.





Visit me on my AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE  and my SMASHWORDS PAGE!

Also, Please join me and the other amazingly talented authors over @ Skulldust Circle where we have formed a Writer's Circle that must be seen--a collection of brilliant, up & coming independently published speculative fiction authors with much to give both now and in the future!

All Artwork and covers of my works by William J. Kenney

All maps, names and content copyright Ashenclaw Studios 2014 unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment