Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Pierre 'WriterOfEpics' Gilson Interview




I've known Pierre from social media for a year and he has always been inspiring, energetic and kind. Pierre jumped at a chance to share his epic tale with the audience here at Eye on Ashenclaw and so, the following is the result of that interview. I hope you enjoy getting to know this young man!


First off, tell us a little bit about you 
Well my name is Pierre Gilson. My pen name or pseudonym is Pierre “WriterOfEpics Gilson. I was born in Dover, Delaware and went to school in Phenix City Alabama. I currently live in California to pursue my writing even further.


Tell us about your books/What genre do you consider your books? I write Scifi/fantasy, Christian, Action-Adventure, Romance, Suspense, Comedy, and Drama. I pretty much just write epics in term go with my name as you see. WWOAH (World Without A Home) is my ongoing series of stories that I’m working on. The base of the story is about the youth who are soldiers searching for the peace which they all need so much. I incorporate every element that comes to mind to make it standout more than other books. Scifi/fantasy has to be my favorite because it can contain an unlimited amount of things.

When did you start writing? I've been writing since I was seven I believe. During my senior year of high school I knew it was the path for me to take.

Why do you write? 
I write because I truly know it is the purpose of why I’m given life. It has open doors for me that can’t be explained and has made me into a better person and a man.

What would be your choice for a superpower? Infinite confidence, that’s a power I believe we all wish we had.

Who is your favorite author? Terry Brooks is pretty good by me, I like the spiritual sense he brings to his worlds.

What are you reading now? Comics, lots and lots of comics. The best one I read so far has to be Aquaman New 52. If you read the entire volume one you will be definitely hooked to the creative process and growth of his character.

Who is your favorite character to write? I have probably over 50 characters but I would have to say all. Sorry but every single one has their own story and personality that brings something completely new to me. 


Do you have a writing process? Yes I gain inspiration by observing and living. I plot out way before I start writing and what that does is give me a blueprint so when I get to the “pre-written” work I can pretty much fill in the blanks and or gaps



What advice would you give to an aspiring author? Believe in yourself and God and you will accomplish anything and I mean anything.

What inspired you to pursue writing? Life in general. There is so much to write about and I know that I have to write it in my own special way.

What are your favorite TV shows/Movies to watch in between writing? Star Wars, Teen Wolf, Legend of Korra, Naruto, Kung Fu Flicks, Romantic-Comedies, Dramas, Musicals, LOTR, Marvel/DC broadcastings, and Animes.

What are your current projects? WWOAH (World Without A Home): Vol.2 which is very close to completion and I assure you this one is astonishing. I also have WWOAH: Sunrise which is a comic series that is under development and yes artists are welcomed to join the team.

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to readers? Just bear with me I write to carry a message and to inspire so sometimes a volume might take a little more extra time to reach perfection. Nevertheless I really enjoy you for reading what I have to say and loving it.

Quick Fire:
Cats or dogs?
Dogs! Siberian Husky!!
Coffee or tea? Tea! I only get coffee if there’s a beautiful woman working the counter.
Favorite food? Anything Spicy!
Vanilla or chocolate ice-cream? Vanilla, Chocolate doesn't do the tango with my intestines properly.
What are 3 things you never leave home without? My thumb drive, wallet, and creativity.
Laptop or desktop? Laptop, I’m always on the move.
Who are 3 famous people you would to hang out with? George Lucas, Stan Lee, Samuel L. Jackson
TV or Movies? That’s a tough one but I would have to say movies just because I want to see someone’s work as a whole.







Please join me and the other amazingly talented authors over @ Skulldust Circle where we have formed a Writer's Circle that must be seen--a collection of brilliant, up & coming independently published speculative fiction authors with much to give both now and in the future!



See you in Wothlondia! Cheers!

Also, please visit MY HOME PAGE to enjoy an extended reading experience and to see what else Ashenclaw Studios, LLC has in store in the future!

All maps, names and content copyright Ashenclaw Studios 2012 unless otherwise noted.



No comments:

Post a Comment