Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Marissa Carmel Interview

Another volunteer for author interviews from the twitter-verse, Marissa Carmel is an adult fiction writer of adult paranormal romance. She was kind enough to share some thoughts with me as the following Q&A will attest!


First off, tell us a little bit about you
 I'm a wife and mother who writes New Adult fiction in the spare minutes of her day .

Tell us about your books/What genre do you consider your books? 
My current series, the Vis Vires Trilogy is New Adult Paranormal Romance.

When did you start writing? 
I started to write seriously five years ago, but I dabbled my whole life. Creative writing was my favorite elective in high school and college.

Why do you write?
 I'm compelled; I have so many voices and stories in my head that I want to share with the world.


What would be your choice for a superpower? 
Telekinesis for sure. I want to be able to wave my hand and have my house clean itself.

Who is your favorite author? 
Jonathan Swift. I love satire.

What are you reading now? 
My current WIP, it's in edits.

Who is your favorite character to write? 
Choosing a favorite character is like choosing a favorite child. I couldn't singe just one out. Liv and Justice are always pretty interesting, but Alana and Ryan are giving them a run for their money.


Do you have a writing process?
 Not so much, I build the story in my head first, then I outline, then I sit at the computer and just write. It usually takes off from there.

What advice would you give to an aspiring author?
 Have a vision, find a great editor and make sure what you write feels right.

What inspired you to pursue writing? 
I just love the art of storytelling. I don't think I pursued it, it pursued me.

What are your favorite TV shows/Movies to watch in between writing?
Oh geez, here we go, in no particular order- Charmed, Supernatural, Revenge, Once Upon a Time, White Collar, Suits, Necessary Roughness, TVD, Sons of Anarchy, Devious Maids (that my new fav), Castle.

What are your current projects? 
I'm currently working on a Contemporary New Adult called Strip Me Bare. It’s about a law student who finds out her estranged love is an infamous stripper at a New York City night club. The foundation of the story is about two people fighting for what they want while struggling to be together. Some major themes are prejudice, drug abuse, sexuality, familial struggles, standing up for what you believe in and of course love. I’m very excited about it.

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to readers?
 If you're looking for something different with intense emotion and witty dialogue you might like my stuff. :)


Quick Fire:
Cats or dogs? Dogs
Coffee or tea? COFFEE
Favorite food? Chocolate
Vanilla or chocolate ice-cream? Do I really need to answer that? ;)
What are 3 things you never leave home without? My iPhone, earbuds and sunglasses.
Laptop or desktop? Laptop
TV or Movies? Movies.





Please join me and the other amazingly talented authors over @ Skulldust Circle where we have formed a Writer's Circle that must be seen--a collection of brilliant, up & coming independently published speculative fiction authors with much to give both now and in the future!


See you in Wothlondia! Cheers!

Also, please visit MY HOME PAGE to enjoy an extended reading experience and to see what else Ashenclaw Studios, LLC has in store in the future!

All maps, names and content copyright Ashenclaw Studios 2012 unless otherwise noted.

1 comment:

  1. NIce interview, I've read Marissa's books and have to say she has her own style, iFeel and Gravitational Pull were intriguing with the paranormal flare.

    ReplyDelete