Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What Are You Thankful For?




Let me start by saying THANK YOU to the fans, friends, family and complete strangers that have supported me in my, albeit brief, writing career! But, I have only just begun!

I continue to be both astounded and delighted by the support from people I have met through social media who support me just because. I am extremely grateful and humbled by you all!

My family and I have been through a lot in the past few years: the loss of my gainful employment two years ago, losing my father unexpectedly last year ,and various other life-changing and sobering events that happened to my mother and brother, too. Yet, despite all of the unpleasantries, I try each day to climb above the adversity and distractions to push on with my dream. I do not let these events deter me from reaching my goal--instead I find they give me inspiration to carry on and to give this the best effort that I can muster.

I am thankful for my close friends, the few who have given me inspiration and encouragement when I may have doubted myself. I am thankful for my mother and father, for instilling the unrelenting work ethic and for giving me the courage and inspiration to follow my heart, wherever that may lead. 

I am thankful for my brother and sister, who keep our family emotionally strong throughout every rough patch that we experience. I am thankful for my sons, who continue to inspire me with their growth, consideration and wisdom that contradicts their young age. And I am thankful above all else for my loving and understanding wife, for being my rock and supporting me throughout all of my ups and downs.

So, I ask you:

What are you most thankful for?






See you in Wothlondia! Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving, all!

Please visit MY HOME PAGE to enjoy an extended reading experience, see direct links to purchase Covenant of the Faceless Knights and to see what else Ashenclaw Studios, LLC has in store in the future!

Photos from Stock.xchng.

All maps, names and content copyright Ashenclaw Studios, LLC 2011 unless otherwise noted.

6 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for my family and friends but I'm also rather thankful for books and for the people who write them.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to you, M.J.!

    I am also thankful for book and the people who write AND read them. Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary - Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
    I live in Canada, so our (official) Thanksgiving Day was Monday, October 10/11.
    But for myself I sincerely try to keep grateful Thanksgiving thoughts everyday. Of course, that is difficult. And probably unrealistic. And I know that.
    Like your family, the last couple of years have been filled with anxieties. I guess everyone could say similar things.
    I have tried to Choose Joy, regardless of what is happening around me. Times may not be filled with happiness, but I try to feel the underlying Joy for Life. That is part of the reason my blog is called "The Joy of the Written Word". "The Written Word" applies to all books, of course, but also to Bible Scriptures which guide my life.
    So, I seem to be saying that I am thankful for Life in general, and for my Life specifically. That feels good to write down and I am glad I read your post and replied to it. I thank you for the opportunity, Gary.
    I truly wish you and your family all the Blessings of Thanksgiving, all year round.
    Sincerely
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing, Patricia! I am glad that you were able to express yourself here. After all ,that is what I am trying to promote, right? Self expression, creativity and even some happiness here and there!

    I wish you much success in your endeavors and thank you for your kind wishes! Enjoy your weekend and thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thankful this time of year for having a roof over my head, money to heat the house, food in the fridge, a family to celebrate Christmas Day with and friends to catch up with in the pub on Christmas Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true, Emma! Those really are things that some of us take for granted when there are so many less fortunate souls out there needing help. It is good that you are grounded and understand that every little things you have is a blessing! Take care and thanks for stopping by to share. I look froward to more of your comments in the future.

    ReplyDelete