Sunday, April 20, 2014

Juli D. Revezzo Interview


Juli, tell us a little bit about you! Hi, Gary, thanks for having me. Well, let’s see what can I tell you? I’m a Florida girl with a love of Arthurian legends and good stories. I have a degree in art history and English Lit. I also love movies and music. I also dabble in photography and gardening.



Tell us about your books/What genre do you consider your books? The Antique Magic series is dark fantasy or sometimes called supernatural or paranormal fantasy. The series, beginning with The Artist’s Inheritance and continuing through Drawing Down the Shades, is about a couple living in Gulf Breeze Florida–Caitlin and her husband Trevor—who owe a debt to the Welsh Gods. They also run an antique store and deal with various ghosts that come to them for help from time to time. Sometimes they accidentally get too wrapped up in the ghosts’ troubles and it’s up to Caitlin and her coven to get them out. ;) When and how, well, you’ll have to read the series to find out! If you’d like to, my books are available on AmazonBarnes and NobleSmashwords, and Createspace.

When did you start writing? I’ve been making up stories practically my whole life. I didn’t get serious about writing until I was in high school, though.

Why do you write? Why do I write? I’ve always made stories up; writing them down makes them permanent.

What would be your choice for a superpower?Foreknowledge. I think it would be useful to know some thing’s ahead of time, so one can avoid stupid mistakes. ;) Also, Teleportation: I like traveling, but wouldn’t it be great to be able to teleport places?



Who is your favorite author? Fantasy author Michael Moorcock, up and coming historical romance and Fantasy author S.G. Rogers is a favorite. Urban Fantasy author Kim Harrison, paranormal cozy author Juliet Blackwell, too, and classic British author Virginia Woolf. I’d love to write like her, but …no way could anyone get away with that style now.

What are you reading now?I’m doing research for a book idea I’m kicking around so lots of historical tomes. I’m currently reading Seeking Pleasure in the Old West by David Dary and a few others. As to fiction, I’m enjoying Heritage Avenged by indie fantasy author Marsha A. Moore and Dark Oracle by Alayna Williams.

Who is your favorite character to write? It’s a toss-up between my main character Caitlin and her friend, the witch Beryl. Beryl’s a lot of fun to write. Knows all kinds of things about magic and the gods that Caitlin hasn’t learned yet, and she’s got a heck of a sense of humor.

Do you have a writing process? Depending on the story, I’ll start by writing as much of the idea down as I can, sometimes that’s a paragraph, sometimes, it’s a whole chapter. Then, if necessary, I’ll do some research, enough to get me started. I’ll probably bounce the idea off my writing pals, and just pick at it until it grows. 

What advice would you give to an aspiring author? Don’t waffle around. If you want to be a writer, stick your butt in the chair now, and start writing.



What inspired you to pursue writing?I’ve been telling stories since I was a kid, that just turned into writing them down and crafting them into books.

What are your favorite TV shows/Movies to watch in between writing?Right now I’m addicted to the ABC fantasy series Once Upon a Time. My favorite movies are …many—maybe too many to list them all! But if you twisted my arm I’d say Excalibur, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Fiddler on the Roof, I Am Legend, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan, Star Trek: First Contact, Star Trek: Insurrection, and so many more. J

What are your current projects?I’m working several things: I’m about to release a paranormal romance called Changeling’s Crown sometime this summer, I hope. I’m also working on the next instalment(s) in the Antique Magic series. I also have a paranormal romance series I’m working on with a small publisher (Harshad Wars). I’m revising the second volume in that series right now and I have a historical romance I’m kicking around. So, my stove has lots of stuff on its burners. :)

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to readers?I hope they enjoy my books, and if they do, please review them. If they’d like to know more about my work they can find snippets and tidbits on my site: http://julidrevezzo.com


Quick Fire:Cats or dogs? I don’t have either right now, but between them, I’d have to say I’ve owned more dogs.
Coffee or tea? Coffee
Favorite food? : Italian food
Vanilla or chocolate ice-cream? Vanilla
What are 3 things you never leave home without? A pen, something to write on, and my keys.
Laptop or desktop? Both. It helps the carpal tunnel to switch around.
Who are 3 famous people you would to hang out with? Ann and Nancy Wilson, and either Samuel Taylor Coleridge or Virginia Woolf.
TV or Movies? Movies. Though it’s nice to see more paranormal and fantasy based shows on television these days, I prefer movies. as I guess you can tell from my list above.

Thanks again for having me.
:)






Visit me on my AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE  & my SMASHWORDS PAGE!


Best-selling author of Wake the Dead!  On Amazon Kindle here!

All Artwork and covers of my works by William J. Kenney & Carlos Cara

All maps, names and content copyright Ashenclaw Studios 2014 unless otherwise noted.


No comments:

Post a Comment