Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Cris Pasqueralle Interview


First off, tell us a little bit about you
I am a retired NYC police officer and I live on Long Island with my wife and two daughters. I'm Long Island born and bred, though at this stage the winters are getting to be a little much. I work part time and write wherever and whenever I can.

Tell us about your books/What genre do you consider your books?
My book, Destiny Revealed, is the first in a trilogy. It is a YA fantasy adventure novel that tells the story of 13 year old twins Jack and Maddie Austin, who find out they are wizards from the magical realm of existence. When their parents are kidnapped by the evil wizards Tardon, they are lead back to that realm by Uncle Benny, to rescue their parents and have their destiny revealed.

When did you start writing?
 I've been writing since grammar school, and I tried several years ago to go the traditional route, but it didn't work out. After I left the police department, my oldest daughter, Toniann, encouraged me to get back to writing.

Why do you write? 
There are several reasins I write. First, I think I have a story to tell. secondly, it's something I was born with, I don't think I could stop, and third, its fun.

What would be your choice for a superpower?
If I could have a superpower I think it would be flight. I'd love to just be able to soar to the skies whenever I wanted.

Who is your favorite author? 
J.K. Rowling , no doubt. The way she paced the Harry Potter books and had her writing grow with the audience is brilliant.

What are you reading now?
 Re-reading The Hobbit. With the movies I felt it was time to reconnect with the written story.

Who is your favorite character to write?
 Jack, my lead male. He's a lot like me at 13 and I love his strong nature and even the angry edge he carries.

Do you have a writing process? 
I still like putting pen to paper. the first draft has to be in a notebook, usually at night, with a little TV noise in the background.

What advice would you give to an aspiring author?
 My advice to any aspiring author would be to read anything and everything, not just in the genre you write in. And don't get discouraged. It takes courage to write something from your head and then put it out there for the world to criticize, most people don't have that kind of strength.

What inspired you to pursue writing?
Reading inspired me because I would read something and always feel like I could do that. The Destiny trilogy was inspired by children and their love for fantasy fiction.

What are your favorite TV shows/Movies to watch in between writing?
Currently, my favorite TV show is Vikings on the history channel. I love how they tell a historical story as a show and not a documentary.

What are your current projects?
Currently, I am working on books two and three in the destiny trilogy, but I have an idea for another series with a teenage psychic in the lead.

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to readers?
I'd like to say thank you to all those who have read my book, and to those who haven't please give it a try.


Quick fire: 1. Dogs, 2. Coffee, 3. Any Italian food 4. Chocolate ice cream, 5. Cell, a pen, and a notebook, 6. Desktop, 7. three famous people to hang out with, Billy Joel, J.K. Rowling, and Al Pachino, 8. TV






Visit me on my AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE  & my SMASHWORDS PAGE!

Best-selling author of Wake the Dead!  On Amazon Kindle here!

All Artwork and covers of my works by William J. Kenney & Carlos Cara

All maps, names and content copyright Ashenclaw Studios 2014 unless otherwise noted.


No comments:

Post a Comment