Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Rock Me Like A Hurricane

I have been on a break here from my blog and have also been taking a break from my writing for a month or so as other things have taken priority and things have been happening that require my attention. This post is more of a personal thing and nothing to do with writing or the like and is more about how fortunate some of us really are, so turn away if you must.

I was one of the unfortunate people to be affected by Hurricane Sandy and let me tell you...this was scary. Our power has been out since Sunday evening around 7:15 pm or so and it has been interesting since then to say the least.

My family was lucky enough not to sustain any major house damage, tree damage or bodily damage by this freak of a storm and I feel sorry for anyone who was truly affected in an adverse way. This is not what the economy needed for sure. With so many people still out of work and rising gas and food costs, this just seems to be piling on now. If it wasn't so sad, I would laugh.

Anyway, my family and friends are still without power in our neighborhood and believe it may be coming back soon as on my way to work, I noted the convenience store on the other side of the highway had power finally.

So, looking at this in a positive light, I am thankful that no one I know was injured and that it did not occur either in the dead of winter or the scorching heat of summer. No electricity in those times would be pretty awful. Getting a taste of life without electricity is pretty wild and makes me thankful that we live in a free country where we can make our own decisions and are afforded the luxuries of making our own way.

I am betting that many children will be conceived during this time and hopefully, a lot of reading was had by all! (Alright, so I snuck in a reading comment) That being said, I know we can come together and persevere through this and anything else that comes. My message to all is please do not lose your humanity no matter what happens: Storms, floods  zombie apocalypse's or whatever. Be cool to your fellow human beings. Our behavior is the only thing that we can control on this crazy planet and nothing makes is worse than people being...you know...ass-clowns.

Zig Ziglar said it best: "You will get what you want if you just help enough other people get what they want."

See you on the flip-side!




 Please join me and the other amazingly talented authors over @ Skulldust Circle where we have formed a Writer's Circle that must be seen--a collection of brilliant, up & coming independently published speculative fiction authors with much to give both now and in the future!

All of my work can be found on AMAZON -- Kindle versions here

See you in Wothlondia! Cheers!

Please visit MY HOME PAGE to enjoy an extended reading experience, see direct links to purchase my full length novel, Covenant of the Faceless Knights, the short stories: Wothlondia Rising, and to see what else Ashenclaw Studios, LLC has in store in the future!

All maps, names and content copyright Ashenclaw Studios 2012 unless otherwise noted.





3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're safe. We've been watching the devastation on the news and I'm only grateful France isn't subject to hurricanes like the US is. They look horrendous and I can only imagine what it must be like to experience one. Hope everything gets back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Glad to hear that you and yours are okay. I have a cousin in New York and she's in the same boat as you--scary, but no major damage. My prayers are with those less fortunate. Thanks for posting this. I hope everyone has power back soon. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the well-wishes! Liesel, NY apparently got hit even harder than we did. I hope that they get the help that they need. There has never been a better time for people to be kind to one another. I hope that it happens.

    ReplyDelete